View Full Version : anybody knows when the HTC "Blue Angel" will be available at Cingular?

Mauricio22
10-26-2004, 09:16 AM
I can't wait to buy mine...

windmiller
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
I called our Cingular rep yesterday and he said that they have received the marketing material for it so he thought it would be within the next 2 weeks. I cant wait either.

Mauricio22
10-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot for your info.......

sniper_1
11-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Checked with Best Buy today and they said the SX-66 will be in warehouses around November 14th. The non-contract price will be $500.00 and the contract price will be $350.00.

Hopefully, we find that this is factual information... Time will tell...

-Sniper_1

hdbueller
11-08-2004, 01:46 AM
I just set up my Imate PDA2K with Cingular,and they did not know anything about getting this phone in the near future.Mine works fine,but I need to find out the settings for the wireless internet.

whitestar
11-20-2004, 02:43 AM
I just received a Cingular magazine which shows the htc blue angel as a siemens x66 not sx66. Still no due date or prices though. Darn, im so impatient. GIVE ME ONE NOWWW!!!!!!

adikto79
12-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Im a cingular wireless rep, and i cant wait to get my hands on this. I dont know when it will be coming out, but it will be worth the wait. My managers are clueless, but they think after christmas.

hasslehoff
12-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Spoke to the regional manager yesterday (business contact) and found out that the x66 will be released on Dec 22nd. Unfortunately she was unable to cite cost per new unit. This unti is gonna be so cool...Giddee up

whitestar
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
22? ARGH.........TOO LONG TO WAIT................gi me gi me gi me ..................omphhhh. (tripped over tongue).........

stevew
12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
I just purchased mine from Cingular over the phone. I am a current Cingular user but I wasn't eligble for the phone upgrade price yet. So my price was 649.00 instead of the 549.00 price with a 2 year contract. It should be here Friday. The sales rep told me they just got them in yesterday the 14th. Kinda hate to push my trusty Ipaq 2215 aside but the Siemens SX 66 PPCPE looks like a great device.

mclaughlinc
12-15-2004, 03:26 AM
I also ordered one today. And I was told becauseI am migating from ATTWS to Cingular it would take 7 days to receive it.

Look for an early Christmas!

Birdman
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Are these units unlocked? I heard that Cingular does not sell their devices locked to their network (which I find very hard to believe)

ddevilx2
12-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I got mine in today and can verify it is unlocked
No camera on them even tho lady on phone said it would have the camera on em. I didn't think it would but then got my hopes way up when she guaranteed it would. Sadly it does not

12-16-2004, 12:22 AM
I got mine yesterday. It is indeed unlocked. You can buy them without contract for $100 bucks more. It doesn't have a camera and uses Windows Media Series 9.

IT ROCKS :)

stevew
12-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Mine is suppose to arrive on Thursday. The day after I ordered it from Cingular the status of my order on their web site said backordered. And the rep assured me they were in stock. A short time later the status said shipped. :) One question I have is the data package needed for unlitimited email and web browsing. For some reason I'm confused after trying to figure it out from the Cingular web site. Is the "real time email" as they say like the Blackberry ? :?

12-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Okay here goes. There are two unlimited plans. There is the Media Works $19.99 per month and the Cingular Wireless Express Mail $39.99 per month. Cingular's Blackberry's also use wireless express mail which is blackberry, but the one for non blackberry pda's is a solution made from Seven corp that includes contacts and is very similar to Sprint PCS's Business connection service. It's a nice service, but I don't think that it is worth 20 bucks plus tax. It does sync your contacts and appointments and push your e-mail. You can however get e-mail without this service.

Some people have reported that Cingular isn't activating PDA's on their Media Works plan anymore. I got mine activated on it, but you may have trouble if you go through their website. It's just unlimited gprs though on a sim card and there are sure to be ways around it like going to an affiliate store and negotiating a little bit. They aren't going to be able to control this very effectively.

JohnJohn
12-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I got mine from the local Cingular Store today. Sweet device. However after looking at a VGA hx 4705 screen for teh past few months...I can say I have been spoiled. I do plan on keeping both devices. Movies on the hx4705 is just too good to give up.

What do your folks want to know. Here are a few picks. My digi camera stinks so sorry.

http://www.mybigpocket.com/images/DSC00492.jpg
http://www.mybigpocket.com/images/DSC00493.jpg
http://www.mybigpocket.com/images/DSC00494.jpg

footdoc
12-27-2004, 04:32 PM
John: tell me how you like the device; I am choosing between 4705, this device and MPX. I am doctor who uses PDA for appts, contacts and drug/medical programs. Tired of carrying around PDA, phone and pager. I know 4705 isn't phone, but love what I hear about it and some friends who have Treo say they carry their smaller phones around now almost as much as before getting Treo (too bulky). I am dazed and cunfused, any advice would be appreciated

dgrilli
12-29-2004, 06:13 AM
I can't believe when finally at last America the US od A was getting a good Pocket Phone PC through Cingular they hamstrung it. Besides the camera what else did they convieniently leave out.

I would recomend the iMate PDA2K it's unlocked and I have been using mine for a couple months and its great, lots of cpu power and a hefty dose of mem ory they give ya its a very fast Pocket PC.