View Full Version : Newby

fuzzduzz
10-26-2004, 02:22 AM
I'm looking to buy my first pocket pc. All I want to do is get on the web and have access to my brokerage account to trade stocks for about an hour a day during the week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have been doing alot of research this week (burned out and more confused) :lol:

fuzzduzz

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Well the first thing is, would you prefer browsing on a QVGA or a VGA screen. That is, 240x320 or 480x640. Ultimately, the latter would give you a lot more breathing space, but QVGA is still manageable. I do it all the time, but I would personally love to get my hands on VGA if I could, but the cost is always an issue.

So which would you be looking at?

The next thing is your RAM, processor speed, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera, IR, etc.

How would you be gaining access to the internet? Integrated Wi-Fi and BT are infallible assets to have on a Pocket PC, and with a great deal of mid-to-high end models in the market having these, they aren't the priciest of all things to acquire on a Pocket PC. As with the others, how much RAM and how fast a processor really depends on what your needs are? Would you ever be looking to playing high-quality games? Turning your Pocket PC into a media centre? These kind of questions I can only leave up to you to answer for yourself. :)

As with accessing your brokerage account, there's no doubt that you would probably require a good browser to access all of the secure data. I've always been a fan of NetFront so you may want to have a look at that.