View Full Version : question: in WM 2003, how do you manage WiFi profiles?

ipaq_wannabe
10-24-2004, 01:44 AM
i got myself a WM 2003 device with has both BT and WLAN - the Loox 610... bought it mint 2nd-hand with a three year warranty...

i really loved the WiFi zero configuration...

however, what i would like to know is how does one edit (or manage) the "stored" wifi profiles, ie., the SSIDs, the WEP keys, etc....

or is there a third-party utility out there that would help?

thanks!!!

delfuhd
10-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Do you mean Start>>Settings>>Connections tab>>Connections Icon>>Advanced tab>> Network card? That displays all the different access points that your WiFi can detect (you must have wifi on to be able to see the display of the AP's. Other wise it just goes to config for your different wireless options)

Is that what you mean? Or just software that will store the information for you...

ipaq_wannabe
10-24-2004, 04:16 AM
Do you mean Start>>Settings>>Connections tab>>Connections Icon>>Advanced tab>> Network card? That displays all the different access points that your WiFi can detect (you must have wifi on to be able to see the display of the AP's. Other wise it just goes to config for your different wireless options)

Is that what you mean? Or just software that will store the information for you...

i just tried it out... yes, it is what i needed...
thanks a lot...

delfuhd
10-24-2004, 01:26 PM
no problem :D