View Full Version : Displex scratch remover

J273
10-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi guys recently purchased my ipa 4150 second hand and the screen seems to have some lite scratches on the screen,As anyone ever used DISPLEX Screen polish/Remover on their IPAQ and is it safe to use,Thanks

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 06:41 PM
In my opinion, I probably wouldn't use it. You may end up doing more damage by scratching off parts of the transflective coating on the screen with the abrasive particles in the cleaner. If you really want to protect your screen, both in the short and long-term, you should invest in a screen protector. :)

manywhere
10-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Order some WriteShields from Pocket PC Techs and place it over your scrached screen. If I remember right, their screenprotector was quite good at hiding existing scratched thanks to the design. ;)

J273
10-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Well ive just brought a martin fields screen overlay which ive used on my p900.Displex is for PDA Screens and ive used it on my p900.

hamishmacdonald
03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
I just scratched my brand new Acer n311 the other day -- while trying to put on a screen protector!

I was heartbroken, and, figuring I had nothing to lose, I ordered some Displex.

Miraculous! The scratch is almost completely imperceptible. So while I wouldn't make a practice of doing this, it worked this once, well enough to satisfy a very fussy user. Now I just need to get a new screen protector on my Acer so I don't have to go through this again.

hamishmacdonald
03-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, the scratch is gone, but -- careful as I was -- I hosed the digitiser. Around the edges of the screen, the stylus will now draw a line instead of a dot, and if I'm trying to grab the scroll bar, it'll start selecting the items beside it.

I knew this was a risk, and paid the price.