View Full Version : New button crashing iPAQ 5550 WM2003

MKHalford
10-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Can anyone advise or indeed suggest a fix for why when I click the 'New' button from within any application or the today screen it crashes my ipaq. The only solution is then to soft reset the machine.

Many Thanks

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 08:24 AM
I suspect you have some invalid entries in your New menu. Try tapping Start-Settings.

From there, open up Menus, then click the New Menu tab and leave only the following checked: Appointment, Contact, Excel Workbook, Message, Note, Task, Word Document.

Soft-reset your Pocket PC and see if this solves the problem. I just wanted to list the default Windows entries in there to see if it still happens.

MKHalford
10-23-2004, 08:34 AM
I have tried removing the items with no effect. I have even tried removing all items except for one and no mattter which one I leave I still get the same pronlem.

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Have you tried turning off the New button menu? There should be an option for that on the same page that has all the different entries of the start menu.

MKHalford
10-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Whether the new menu is enabled or not the result is still the same. :?

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Do you have any other software installed?

It would be nice to get a list of it to see if there are any conflicts that are causing the crash. I highly doubt this problem is hardware-related, of which you would only truly know after a hard-reset.

MKHalford
10-23-2004, 09:02 AM
I totally agree I do not think it is hardware related.

My main software installed is: TomTom3, WebIS Mail, Pocket Breeze, Agenda Fusion, Omegaone Journalbar SpbPocketPlus along with several other small apps and games.

I have not installed anything new other than a few updates to the above for a long time. :!:

I am convinced it must be a corrupt application entry somewhere. But I have tried endlessy to solve it.

:?

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 09:05 AM
I suggest uninstalling Agenda Fusion and WebIS Mail and reinstalling it. They may be the most likely culprits for corrupt entries.

But before reinstalling the applications, see if your New menu works or not. If it does, then try reinstalling it, and hopefully that will rectify the problem.