View Full Version : SOFTWARE for Password/Account No & Login ID's req......

dibbs26
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know of a decent piece of software which can store sensitive info for bank accounts/ the internet etc. Info such as passwords, account no.s and login id's?

Cheers
Peter

Darius Wey
10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Flexwallet 2005 (http://www.twopeaks.com/site/products/FlexWallet/) will do the trick. ;)

Steven Cedrone
10-21-2004, 12:49 PM
eWallet (http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/ew/ewallet.htm) as well...

Steve

dibbs26
10-21-2004, 12:56 PM
cheers dj for the reply....boy you're up early..its nearly 1pm here!
any other ones i should consider or is this one about the best?

thanks

Darius Wey
10-21-2004, 01:06 PM
cheers dj for the reply....boy you're up early..its nearly 1pm here!
any other ones i should consider or is this one about the best?

thanks

:lol: Me? Up early? It's 8pm here at the moment. :) Steve may be up a little early though. :P

There are other ones available but they are generally less recognised compared with Flexwallet 2005 and eWallet. A lot of people tend to find these two as being the most reliable. I've tried Flexwallet for myself and am very happy with the features it delivers.

dibbs26
10-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the help guys..much appreciated....
Will have a look at these two...

JTEK
10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Just thought I'd chime in with another -- less mentioned -- piece of software for password/account management: SplashID (http://www.splashdata.com/ppc/splashid/index.htm[/url) .

I'll tell you why I consider it a superior product. I was on the same search you are and also tried all the other applications (FlexWallet, eWallet, et. al.). But I was very surprised to find that none of the other applications offered a list-like view.

Here's what I mean.... SplashID lets you see an entire 'category' at a glance, in a single list, so it's very easy to browse all your accounts/website passwords/etc. at once. The other applications have no such similar view. It took me more clicks to get to a specific account in the other applications than it did with SplashID. And the list is customizable; that is, you can specify which fields you want to view at-a-glance. In essence, I rarely need to open up a single entry since I'm able to see the login/pass (or credit card acct# and expir. date) of any account at a glance. Of course, you also get all features the other apps offer: searching, customized fields, categories, notes, auto password generator, et. al.

The desktop component is robust and the synchronization is flawless (not to mention the fact that it will import/export to many formats.... which means that if you ever switch to some other application, you won't be stuck). They also make the same software for PalmOS, so if you ever find yourself switching to that platform, the transition will be seamless.

Just my $.02.

They also have a deal going on right now that if you buy SplashID, you get another product (SplashPhoto) for free.

iCamp
10-22-2004, 02:20 AM
I'm a big fan of SplashID too. I like the fact that it includes a small but well-done PC application.

WolfUK
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I'll add a third vote for SplashID. :D

It came with me during my recent Palm migration and is one of my most used applications.

dibbs26
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Decisions decisions.... So out of all of them which is the best ?

Cheers

WolfUK
10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Well you could try each of them out and see which one you prefer if you cannot decide from looking at the features of each.

dibbs26
10-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Cheers Wolf a fellow english man hey..........
I forgot you can download a 30 day trial..........thanks for the help !!

WolfUK
10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Well since us Brits should stick together I expect you to choose SplashID at the end of yuor testing! :D

dibbs26
10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I didnt know it was British........i'll test it first

cheers

peter

Darius Wey
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
They aren't! :P

SplashData, Inc.
270 Eakin Dr.
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

But it's still worth trying anyway! ;)

Steven Cedrone
10-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh, and take a look at this thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16729&start=0

Steve

WolfUK
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
They're not ... I am and what I meant was ... Oh never mind! :D

Darius Wey
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Oh, and take a look at this thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16729&start=0

Steve

Nice find Steve! :)

Although I thought it may help to point out that some of the programs in this review have undergone significant upgrades since then, so it may help reminding dibbs26 that new features of the current versions of the software should be noted.

Steven Cedrone
10-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Although I thought it may help to point out that some of the programs in this review have undergone significant upgrades since then, so it may help reminding dibbs26 that new features of the current versions of the software should be noted.

Good point! Maybe it's time to get that review updated!

Steve