View Full Version : FS:I-Mate PPC Phone

Gavin Henriques
10-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Not to steal Ryan's Thunder, but I also have a I-Mate in qreat condition. Comes in all original packaging plus spare battery, 2 krussell cases, 1 covertec case, a stylus with a pen to replace original plus some software. Screen is perfect. All for $550.

Gavin Henriques
10-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Price drop to $500.

Ryan Joseph
10-29-2004, 03:45 PM
No thunder stolen, buddy. Mine didn't sell, either.

So I relisted it on eBay and got another fraudulent buyer. :evil:
I sent a second chance offer...we'll see what happens. Good luck selling yours!

Gavin Henriques
10-31-2004, 05:29 AM
Goodluck on the second chance! I am about to post mine to ebay. I will take $450 to avoid the hassle. It is amazing that these have not sold more quickly. I do think that these are still excellent machines and a great buy. I would still recommend it as one of the better ppc phones!!

Ryan Joseph
11-01-2004, 04:46 PM
I totally agree. It's the best device I've ever owned and I wouldn't dream of parting with it...except I really need the money.

Do you have any idea why there is so much fraud surrounding these devices? Mine wasn't even on eBay for 24 hours and I'd already gotten three of those "I'll pay by Western Union, ship it to Africa" scams. What's up? I never get that many when selling other high ticket items.

And I've sold it twice now to buyers who never responded. I just don't understand why this item is like this and others aren't. :?

Jon Westfall
11-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I totally agree. It's the best device I've ever owned and I wouldn't dream of parting with it...except I really need the money.

Do you have any idea why there is so much fraud surrounding these devices? Mine wasn't even on eBay for 24 hours and I'd already gotten three of those "I'll pay by Western Union, ship it to Africa" scams. What's up? I never get that many when selling other high ticket items.

And I've sold it twice now to buyers who never responded. I just don't understand why this item is like this and others aren't. :?

Makes me glad I dropped mine back in early August.

I think its just the PDA2k that's really stolen the I-Mate's thunder. I loved mine, hated to part with it, but figured that I'd REALLY want a 6315 or PDA2k (and, as it works out, will have both soon). Since the PDA2k isn't too much of a radical departure from the i-mate PPCPE, then most are probably looking to buy it as they see it as an upgrade. Same way the XDA's dropped price after the i-mate got out around the world (except here in the US, where we never got the xda ii in any form).

To Both of you - Good Luck!