View Full Version : just got my SD memory card for ipaq 4155.. how to copy stuff onto the card?

Chauzer
10-19-2004, 11:44 PM
i jsut got my lexar SD memory card for my ipaq 4155 today..

how would i go about copying mp3s and videos onto the card? i dont have a separate sd card reader.. so i have the card in my ipaq and the ipaq in the cradle right now.. i go to my computer and double click my device, and browse to the storage card, and i just coyp and paste files into there.. is this the only way? when i do that, this box pops up showing the status of "convert and coyping to mobile device format"

are there better ways to do this?

any storage card utilities/programs that i should get?

thanks!

yankeejeep
10-20-2004, 01:37 AM
If you don't have a card reader so your desktop can directly access the card, then you will need to do it through ActiveSync. While the box that comes up tells you it is copying and converting, most likely there is no conversion going on since the files you are copying should be usable in that format by your device. The slow speed is something that goes with the AS connection. If you're regularly copying large files, you might find a card reader a reasonable investment.

Sven Johannsen
10-20-2004, 03:06 AM
Also if you are copying MP3s or wma's, you can do that from the desktop
media player. There is a copy to device tab, that should show your PPC on the right side and the storage card will be in the file hierarchy. Speed isn't much better though.