View Full Version : Unhappy with Pocket Streets

VictoNight
10-19-2004, 11:05 PM
I recently bought Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005 with the GPS and I am very unhappy with the Pocket Streets software. I was really looking for a route planner (to my knowledge, pocket streets doesn't have one). Am I stuck? I want to get new software such as Copilot or TomTom but I don't want to fork over the $ without a trial to make sure I get what I want. Does anyone know were or if I can get trials for GPS software?
Thanks, Victor

Sven Johannsen
10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
A quick query of forums and PPC focused GPS sites would have openned your eyes to the minimal GPS support in Pocket Streets. I imagine you bought Streets and Trips just for that, and I'm sorry about that. Pocket Streets is just the free program that comes with the very capable Streets and Trips.

If the OEM of the software package doesn't offer a trial, the only real recourse is to depend on reviews and user comments. www.gpspassion.com is one site that has a lot of info, though there are others.

I can tell you that Mapopolis does offer a trial, with limited map downloading. Delorme' Street Atlas Handheld is a fairly inexpensive option, and does what you are looking for but is a bit quirky.

Ripper014
10-20-2004, 06:54 AM
I agree with Sven... give Mapoplis a try... I think that you will probably be happy with it.

blackbuck
10-27-2004, 01:29 AM
another vote for mapopolis/routis/iguidance

I bought it and a friend with streets saw it, downloaded a trial, and bought it all in the same day.