View Full Version : 6315 Used as a Bluetooth Modem with laptop

posiedon7
10-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Has anyone been able to configure the 6315 as a Bluetooth Modem. i see all the services for the paired devices but can not establish a BT connection.

Anyone?? :?: :?

jcsickz
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
bump

this would be a mina reason for me to buy the 6315

CrashX
01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I hate to bump threads, but if someone has found out if this is possible, it would be useful to know...

Menneisyys
01-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Has anyone been able to configure the 6315 as a Bluetooth Modem. i see all the services for the paired devices but can not establish a BT connection.

Anyone?? :?: :?

WM2003 PE is able to work as a modem for external devices. All you have to do is using its Dial-up Networking (DUN) BT service from its clients. Have you already set up using DUN? (Plain pairing won't work!)

CrashX
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I found a few posts at other sites with steps on how to do this, but the connection drops almost immediately after it's made. From what I've read, it seems that this result is pretty common.

CrashX
01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Update:

It works! mswlogo from pdaphonehome.com pointed me to a thread containing information and a .cab file that will update the Bluetooth stack. After running the update, my laptop can successful make and maintain a connection to the internet via Bluetooth and my h6315.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39586&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

The .cab file is on the second page of the thread, and I suggest you read all pages before opting to install it. Please note that this does not appear to be an official release, but instead a hacked version of the Bluetooth software extracted from a recent patch to the i-mate device. It was suggested to start with a hard reset of the device first, but I opted to skip this step with no ill effects.

Use this information at your own risk, and ALWAYS make a backup first.