View Full Version : PDAs, Tablet PCs, and the art of not selling

jkendrick
10-19-2004, 02:57 PM
I've published an article on my website that takes OEMs to task for failing to adequately market PDAs and Tablet PCs. With companies pulling out of US and other markets this year it's easy to make an assumption that sales are too low to support the effort but the article exposes the major fallacy in that assumption. Check it out.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2004/10/pdas_tablets_an.html

Stik
10-20-2004, 02:41 PM
jkendrick,

IMO, your thinking on the failure of PPC and Tablet PC's marketing ( or TOTAL LACK thereof ) is spot on. The only company that did do a good marketing job of this early on ( although no longer ) was Palm , hence, people constantly mistaking PPC devices as Palm, even to this day. :roll:

Advertising campaigns do work!

Its too bad your article has to be buried here in the Announcement Section. Its a ' Front Page ' rant if I ever saw one. :soapbox:

Nice job on expressing what have been my own thoughts on this particular issue for a long, long time. Thanks.

jkendrick
10-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks Stik!

Darius Wey
10-20-2004, 02:51 PM
hence, people constantly mistaking PPC devices as Palm, even to this day. :roll:

Oh you're telling me. I get people coming up to me and saying, "Oh cool...a Palm Pilot!"

My response is an emphatic :bad-words: "No, it's a Pocket PC!!!" (forcefully).

And on to other matters, nice article, jkendrick. 8)