View Full Version : buy.com :(

sjo
10-19-2004, 02:44 AM
:( Buy.com may have good prices but do not expect then to honor rebates OR to provide anything in the way of customer service.

I bought a 128MB SD card - their website and the receipt both indicated a rebate. I downloaded the form, sent in the UPC code, only to be told by the rebate company that the product code did not qualify for the rebate.

Three emails to buy.com prodeuced 3 automated responses, each stating that I would be contacted soon - which never happened.

I'm sure others have had better experiences, but this was mine.

uzetaab
10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
not me. I bought some licienced music from them & ninemsn (australian site) & had some trouble burning it to CD. So I emailed both of them & microsoft (since you have to use media player).

The only ones to bother to give me a non-automated REAL reply were microsoft. I'm still waiting to hear from the others six months later.

I'll never buy from either site again.

Zack Mahdavi
10-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Here's their phone number. It's not on their website. I have this stored because I've got into two serious arguments with them. I was so annoyed, that I searched down their Better Business Bureau entry and called them myself.

1-877-780-2464

Warning: the customer service center is based in India (I'm Indian as well, so I'm not trying to be discriminatory), and the service absolutely sucks. The representatives don't know or can't do anything. All they can do is "increase your priority" with the concerned department. I even spoke with a "supervisor" several times, and he can't do any more than the representatives.

I'll never buy anything from buy.com ever again. Sad though, because I was a frequrent customer since 1998. Now, with all of these problems I've experienced in the past 3 months, I won't even consider buying anything from them, no matter if it's slightly cheaper.

Good luck... :)

Deus
10-21-2004, 10:26 PM
I called and cancelled my a 1GB Lexar card I had ordered. It never stated it was backordered and I ordered it ove a week ago.

I went with NewEgg i shoul dhave it on Sat or Monday. ;)

baker
10-22-2004, 04:27 AM
Sorry to hear about the 1 gig card. I ordered mine and received it about a week later. I've sent in the rebate, so I'll be interested in seeing what happens.