View Full Version : syncing to storage card

uzetaab
10-17-2004, 02:57 PM
is there a way to sync my storage card to my pc? the sync folder only seems to send info to My Documents on the PPC. But I use a device with only a shared RAM/ROM memory & I prefir to keep as much space as I can for running programs.

Ideally I would like to have multiple locations on both my PC & PPC that sync each other. Am I making my self clear? let me add some examples:
my ppc\storage card\my documents\
my ppc\storage card\my music\
my ppc\storage card\my ebooks\
my ppc\my documents\
my ppc\my themes\
etc

prefirably, I would like to use activesync, but if there is another program that does this (cheaply priced is good, free is better of course), then I'm all ears. Or eyes as the case may be.

yankeejeep
10-18-2004, 07:08 PM
ActiveSync alone cannot do this for you; it works exclusively with the two 'My Documents' folders set up when the partnership is created. A Japanese software developer has put out an app called MobSync that has been translated into an English version. This is freeware and, working through your ActiveSync connection, allows a great deal of flexibility, including using folders and files on memory cards.

uzetaab
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Fantastic! It's easy to use, yet highly customisable. Best of all it's free. I found a link here:
http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=985
Too bad the site it links to is in japanese, but just look for the link that says "program is here" in English & then the download button on the next page.
Plus pocketpcfreewares looks like it's worth a closer look as a bonus.