View Full Version : BenQ P50 news from DigitalLife NYC

g-funkster
10-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Passed by the BenQ area at the Expo in NYC on Saturday and noticed the P50 was not being displayed. I asked the fellow about it, he said he was surprised I even knew about it. Please... Supposedly no one else had asked him about it at that point.

Their PR department didn't let them bring it on Saturday, they were going to bring it.. They must know how hot a device they got there. Two of the BenQ representatives there confirmed that the device will be introduced during CES in January.

Guess we gotta a little bit longer for this device. Guess I'll need a Treo650 to tide me over :devilboy: Oh, Motorola had 3 MPXs on the show floor. I can confirm 32MB of main memory and a 195MHz processor. Interestingly, I didn't find it to be too slow. Also, the thing Is huge and unbelievably thick. And the hinge system is frightening. Shame, this device could have been real cool.

G

jedaharris
10-17-2004, 03:31 PM
:?: I guess to each his own, but the BenQ P50 doesn't seem that impressive to me and it won't be out til late next year. By then a lot of the market will have passed it by. Personally, I like the Motorola Mpx a lot better. I also like the Treo 600 and Treo 650 both better than the BenQ P50. Different strokes for different folks.