View Full Version : Must-have software for geek dating!

gregmills
10-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Someone needs to write a program which will create random swirling bright orange and yellow tones which cover the entire screen such as to create a flickering candlelight effect from the PPC.

It doesn't need to look like a picture of fire because the point isn't to look at it on the screen. Instead you simply lay the PPC down somewhere in the room and enjoy the mood light that it creates.

It needs to override the power-off and screen-off settings on the device. But it should also have a shut-off timer and a low battery indicator. I think if it gave an audible and visual low battery indication at 25% and then shut itself down around 20% that should be safe enough.

It should be easy to use. Tap the program icon to reveal the settings screen (to adjust the timer, etc.) then touch a button to "light the candle." While the program is running you can touch anywhere on the screen to return to the settings screen.

The important thing is that the light the PPC emits is as close to actual candlelight as you can get. If you write it I want a free copy for putting up the idea :)

Sven Johannsen
10-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I think if it gave an audible and visual low battery indication at 25% and then shut itself down around 20% that should be safe enough. :)

And that should be Barry White letting you know the power is low.

horseflesh
10-15-2004, 10:38 PM
That ain't right.