View Full Version : Pocket E-Sword

americaneagle
10-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know of any problem with Pocket E-Sword working with Dell Pocket PCs? Do you think it might just be WM2003SE?

gregmills
10-14-2004, 06:45 PM
I didn't know that there was a problem. You didn't try to install it to a storage card did you? You have to let it install to the default location. You can put your Bible and other resource files on a storage card though.

Yogyakarta
10-14-2004, 10:50 PM
I have E-Sword installed to a SD card on my X30. Other than it being a little slow when starting up, I've had no problems with E-Sword in this configuration.

Paul

gregmills
10-15-2004, 04:20 AM
I originally installed it to a storage card too and it didn't work. The I read the instruction on the e-Sword web site (http://www.e-sword.net/pocketpc/downloads.html) which said:

Pocket e-Sword should be installed into main memory, but all of the Bibles and other resources may be installed onto a storage card.

When I followed the directions it worked flawlessly ;)

Yogyakarta
10-15-2004, 05:54 PM
I understand what the e-Sword developer recommends as the ideal installation configuration, but I'm not about to allow e-Sword and SQLCE to eat up almost 4 MB of main memory. And whaddya know, if you install everything to a storage card, it works. I've noticed that a lot of developers recommend default installation to main memory, but if you do that you'll end up with little or no memory left. I install almost all of my apps. to the card, and they fun just fine.

Paul

nategesner
10-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I've been using it for quite a while and actually suggested a lot of the features that were added to it. Most PPC users can install it to a card and get satisfactory results. I installed it to an SD card on my 2215 and it worked just fine. However, it worked a little faster when I put it in main memory. I think that is the reason behind his suggestion to place it in the default location.

If you do have problems/suggestions, please e-mail Rick directly. He is very responsive to users. He told me he's been using this program exclusively as his Bible-study software, so he has a personal interest in making it the best it can be.

gregmills
10-15-2004, 06:24 PM
The first time I installed it I put it on a storage card and it did not work. As I recall, I wouldn't remember where my Bibles were located. Everytime I restarted it I had to point to to the directory where the resources were stored. When I installed it to the main memory it always went back to where I left it.

I've used up my current CF card but I have a new one that may be arriving today. When I get it I'll try installing e-Sword to a storage card again and let you know how it goes.

Yogyakarta
10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
If you're going to install to the card, just remember to put everything (Bibles, dictionaries, commentaries, etc.) in the same folder (Pocket e-Sword) as the executable.

Paul

danlmosher
10-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I originally installed it to a storage card too and it didn't work. :) which said:

Pocket e-Sword should be installed into main memory, but all of the Bibles and other resources may be installed onto a storage card.

When I followed the directions it worked flawlessly ;)

I was browsing through the forums and found this thread. I appreciate you listing this web site. I installed on my 2215 with the resources on my CF card. Works Great. I may try installing it all on my SD.... Anyway thanks for introducing me to an EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!!

gregmills
10-23-2004, 03:46 AM
I promised to update this thread when I got my new CF card. Yes, you can install Pocket e-Sword to a storage card. Furthermore, you can have your resources (bibles, dictionaries, etc.) in a seperate location. It won't find them at first but it will remember their location after you browse to them.

I guess whatever was screwing it up for me before has been fixed in subsequent versions.

Thanks!