View Full Version : TrueMobile 1180 WLAN help

Simone
10-13-2004, 08:39 PM
I have an Axim 5 running Pocket PC2002 and a Dell TrueMobile 1180 WLAN card. I can get a connection to the network, but can't surf the web. Anyone have this set-up who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Simi

mscdex
10-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Make sure you have DNS servers and a gateway IP entered in your card's settings.

David Prahl
10-17-2004, 02:19 AM
I've had the exact same device and card for over a year now, so I'll try to help.

Does everything appear correctly in the Dell Wireless Utility? Every field should have some words in it (AP name, signal, etc.)

Often I need to wait about a minute AFTER associating before I can surf the web. Newer devices don't seem to need this time period, but ours do.

Play around with the "Settings - > Connections - > Connections" menu. This menu is a pain, but I've been fortunate to not need to use it much. Right now I'm set to "Internet Settings", "Work Settings", and "The Internet", respectively.

I'd strongly suggest you download a wireless internet sniffer program for your X5. I have a full, legal, free copy of "Pocket WiNc" if you'd like it PM me. Some "sniffer" programs only work with certain cards, but this one works just beautifully with the 1180 CF.

Let me know how things work out!