View Full Version : New Dell x30- need help upgrading MSreader

bmurphy
10-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Hi, anyone know what is going on with MSreader... I moved to the x30 after my cassiopeia screen died, and I've synced just fine with ActiveSync, but when I tried to install and activate the new MSreader 2.5 the activation page looked at my upgrade of the desktop MSreader and decided that that was fine, but when I tried to activate the program on the dell, the website said that I had an older version of MSreader that couldn't be updated.
I haven't quite given up on my Casio (hope the screen light can be replaced), and hope to have that back too. It has the original MSreader 1.0 installed in rom that can't be touched (or upgraded), but with my syncing the dell, that partnership seems to be wiped out.. I still have a folder named casioppc that has my casio docs in it... but the activesync is using a pocketpc folder now that just has two programs in it (that I just installed) msreader (supposedly), and palmreader. the palm installed beautifully... makes me want to scrap the msreader.. except I have a lot of books in that format.
any suggestions that I can try?