View Full Version : What Programs do you Skin?

Skorpyo
10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey all,
I'm compiling some data on PPC Apps that people use skins for and was wondering outside of the following list what apps do you find yourself looking for skins for?

Standard today themes
Dashboard Skins
Journal Bar Skins
PocketBlinds Skins
PocketMusic Skins
PPX Skins (UIs)
SPB Pocket Plus Skins
SPB Time Skins
Windows Media Player Skins
Wisbar Skins

TIA Skorpyo

thepro8
10-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I use PPX for my skinning needs. I really like it, but it seems like it slows my system down a bit. Some more optimization of the code and it's going to be a sweet program.

sracer
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
I use PPX for my skinning needs. I really like it, but it seems like it slows my system down a bit. Some more optimization of the code and it's going to be a sweet program.
PPX shouldn't slow your system down at all if installed/run properly.
I noticed that PPX was a bit unresponsive on my device... sometimes taking 2-3 seconds to change pages. It turned out that it was due to having my UI located on my memory card. Once I moved the UI to internal memory, responsiveness of the UI was instantaneous.

I have used it for nearly a year (now running the latest alpha code) and I have never experienced an overall system slow down... audio, video, (and what little gaming I do) all worked flawlessly.

Even my "Tilson Lake" UI, (which is arguably the most complex UI created so far) just runs smooth as silk.

I'd be curious as to what type of device you have, what UI you are running, what version of PPX, and what, if any plug-ins you are using with PPX.