View Full Version : Have you already purchased your Axim x50v?

yanathin
10-12-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm very curious as to how many people already purchased their Axim x50v from Dell... I'm going to order it when I get home from work today, and I hope they will not be sold out. I know these are going to go insanely fast, though. So, how many bought one?

Jason Dunn
10-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Post moved to the Dell forum. ;-)

Maced
10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
I think you're stupid if you order it right now... in a matter of weeks they'll release a dicount on the x50's.. I think the price for the x50 (non VGA) models are horribly overpriced... I mean, you pay 400 for a ppc with a dual expansion slot, and 128mb of rom... when you could get the faster X30h for 100+ dollars less. The x50 low model is stupid like that too, 300 bucks for a ppc with a 400 or so mhz cpu and dual expansion.. when you could get the x30 mid for 240 bucks or so..

Sven Johannsen
10-12-2004, 06:45 PM
And in a matter of days you'll be looking at shipping dates in Dec. I think you'd be surprised at how much the CF slot means to some folks, as well as the style difference between the X30 and the X50.

Maybe the mid is overpriced, but find me another dual slot, 520Mhz, 128 ROM, MP10, with Wifi & BT, PPC for under $400. Maybe there is one, I haven't looked.

sp0om
10-12-2004, 08:26 PM
1. If I were to order one of these tonight, when could I expect to get it?
2. When will these be available at BestBuy, CompUSA etc.?

Sven Johannsen
10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
1. If I were to order one of these tonight, when could I expect to get it?
My est ship date was 11/17, ordering at 6AM. Hard to say at this point when it will actually show up. Barring snafu's, Dell normally delivers faster than they estimate. My X30 showed up 2 days before it was supposed to ship (ordered Sun, ship est Fri, arrived Wed). Don't know if 11/17 means their first big order comes in on the 16th, or if that is a cautious WAG to ensure they don't promise what they can't deliver. All I know for sure, is I'll get mine before you get yours ;) (knock on wood)

2. When will these be available at BestBuy, CompUSA etc.?
Never. Dell doesn't sell through retail outlets.

PetiteFlower
10-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Ship time really depends....if demand does not exceed supply it can be really quick. If they run out, it can be really long! Hopefully they were able to effectively plan for the demand and they will ship out in a reasonable amount of time.

sp0om
10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Mid November? Is that absolute earliest the general public will begin getting these devices?

if demand does not exceed supply it can be really quick. If they run out, it can be really long!
Anything more specific?

vinasb
10-13-2004, 12:27 AM
I was going to wait for the ipaq rx2000 series. But the X50v is the answer to my dreams. WiFi + No Camera (can't have a camera at work) + VGA and pretty decent size. He|| yeah I bought one. I didn't even know about the X50 series. I saw it on this web site, and 10 minutes later I ordered it (with permission from my wife of course).

Underwater Mike
10-13-2004, 02:59 PM
I ordered my X5 the day they came out and received it about 2 months later. I'm in no hurry to repeat that episode.

/pine
10-14-2004, 01:05 AM
I odered an X30 on the 5th and was told (and verified) that it would ship no later than the 13th... They waited until today (13th) to inform (with what they themselves called the "first delay notice") me that it would not be shipping before the 27th...!

I am verry disappointed with Dell for not being more upfront about availabliity...this is both my first pocket PC/PDA and my first Dell... I did a lot of due dilligence before I ever ordered a device and I thought I had made the best choice with the X30 ($297 624mhz, wi-fi etc)...Now I understand how Dell got such a rotten reputation and am second guessing about the Asus...?

IMHO Dell is bush league for not being more forthright about availability and realistic delivery dates...

Kati Compton
10-14-2004, 01:10 AM
I bought one. Sigh.

I hope it shows up soon so I can enjoy using it instead of agonizing over whether or not I should have waited for the a730w. ;)

maximus
10-14-2004, 11:26 AM
I bought one. Sigh.

I hope it shows up soon so I can enjoy using it instead of agonizing over whether or not I should have waited for the a730w. ;)

Hmm .. a return customer :)

Personally, it looks so much nicer than the 730. Congrats. If I dont have 2 PDAs already, I am sure I have already clicked the 'Purchase It' button on Dell Singapore website :)