View Full Version : Problem with PIE and Spb Pocket Plus

Underwater Mike
10-12-2004, 02:57 PM
One of the reasons that I bought Pocket Plus was the added functionality that it gives to PIE. Problem is, on my X5 (WM2003) having the PIE features enabled causes the whole device to lock up whenever I launch PIE. If I turn off the PIE features in the Pocket Plus prefs, PIE runs with no trouble.

Anyone have suggestions on getting this to work? I tried a hard reset and reload, but the problem persists. Also, I submitted a support request to Spb but can't get a response. :(

TIA

Zoot
10-12-2004, 03:56 PM
do you have the latest pcoketplus version?

i contacted them about a problem where I could render my ipaq needing a hard reset whilst using pocketplus - they could reproduce it and are working on it.

Impression of using pocketplus functions in IE -> memory leak. Catch it too late and you're hosed.

I don't use fullscreen right now because of it.

ctmagnus
10-12-2004, 11:26 PM
I don't use the PIE features of Pocket Plus. I use and recommend MultiIE (or PIEPlus) instead. It gives you a lot more control over what the PIE features of Pocket Plus offer. However, I use Pocket Plus for everything else.

Darius Wey
10-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Do you have any other PIE enhancement software packages installed? The lock-up may be due to a conflict between software packages.

Underwater Mike
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
I have the most current version, and no other PIE enhancements running. Didn't even enable any of the PIE-related hacks in RegKing after my hard reset.

Might have to look into something else for PIE enhancement, although it always bothers me when I can't get something to work as advertised. Also disappointed that I can't get any response from Spb support. :(