View Full Version : Creative Nomad as Mass storage device?

nosmohtac
10-12-2004, 12:50 PM
I have an opportunity to buy either a Creative Nomad or Nomad Jukebox Zen for a very good price. I'm wondering if anyone knows if either of these is useable as mass storage for PPC. I hooked them up to my Toshiba e800 with the Ratoc drivers installed, and it kept asking for the device driver when I plugged it in. I don't know if the drivers support the device, or if the device isn't formatted properly to work as a mass storage device. I do know that the documents that come with the Nomad show that you can store any kind of file on it as data. Can anyone who has messed around with mass storage drivers tell me how I might get these working as a portable HD or, if need be, how to reformat the drive?

I would really like to buy the Zen, but I don't really need an MP3 player, I need a mass storage device.

Darius Wey
10-13-2004, 01:40 AM
I would really like to buy the Zen, but I don't really need an MP3 player, I need a mass storage device.

Why don't you head down to a local computer store and pick up a notebook hard disk of any size, and a 2.5" USB HDD Case, to make yourself a bus-powered HDD?

nosmohtac
10-13-2004, 03:17 AM
I already have a 20GB EXP external HD, but I was offered an excellent price on the 40GB jukebox Zen. I like the fact that they have their own internal power supply. The other thing is, I just went and bought a cord to power my EXP HD, and even with the ratoc drivers, my e805 doesn't do anything when I plug it in to the USB host cable. A registry key appears for it, but it doesn't appear in resco file explorer. Any ideas?