View Full Version : iPaq 6315 echo fix from TMo support

Phlerb
10-12-2004, 01:57 AM
I just got off the phone from TMobile support (they called me back after a week, but I wasn't expecting a call back at all really) and Advance tech support said there is a problem with some sims in the iPaq h6315 that causes an echo to be heard in the other phone. An echo of themselves talking with about a 1 second delay.

I have this problem with my wife's phone. She has a Sanyo S105, but we also tested it with a Nokia 6610.

Tech support told me to get a new sim for the iPaq from a TMo store, and I will do that tomorrow and post the reults.

TMo said that the sims affected have these numbers at the top of the sim:
2605, 2602, 2606, 2609, as well as others maybe...YMMV

Til I can post tomorrow...

Phil

Paladin27
10-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Post back your results. I have a 2605 SIM and I hear an echo sometimes too. I am curious how the SIM card could possibly affect the sound quality... but if it works, I'm gonna go switch mine too! :lol:

Phlerb
10-12-2004, 10:26 PM
I replaced my 2605 sim with a 2608 at the local TMobile store.

There is no longer any echo on my wife's phone if I call her from my iPaq 6315.

It seems that there is a problem with some sims that cause an echo on the other person's phone if you have a <u>bad</u> sim.

TMo advanced support said, and I confirmed, that the other person (so far it seems only if they also are on the TMo network) hears an echo of what they say with about a one second delay.

Summary:
Some sims in an iPaq h6315 cause the other person also on the TMo network to hear an echo of what they say.

If you have this problem, call advanced Tech support or go to your local TMo store and get a new sim.

Phil

q-live
10-13-2004, 06:42 AM
i am having the same problem..... i never hear a echo but everybody else always does..... well i guess i am off down the street tomorrow to the tmobile place to get a new sim card

q-live
10-13-2004, 11:32 PM
:twisted: I AM VERY PISSED RIGHT NOW :evil: i just came from the tmobile store and they said that he would charge me $20 for a sim card and that they would reimberse me on my bill.... so before i did that i had him call c.s. to make sure.... well talking to the dude on the phone he said since my sim card was old (took it outta my old phone and put it in the new one) that it was outta warranty and i would have to replace it myself..... I AM LIKE WHAT DA FFFFFFFFF..... all the money i pay these fools and all the money i paid for that phone and they want more outta me...... HEEEEELLLLLLLZZZZZZ NO...... :twisted:

Phlerb
10-14-2004, 01:47 AM
some options for you:

1. Go to a different TMo store

2. Call advance tech support and open a trouble ticket. My sim was over 3 years old. No cost for me to replace.

The phone you bought CAME with a sim, the people at the store took it out. Ask for it back.

Hope this helps.

p

q-live
10-19-2004, 08:28 PM
went to another store and got the card but talk to a couple of people today and a couple of days ago and they claim they still hear the same feed back.....i have to cut the volume down to make it better on them but i never hear it so i guess everybody else gonna have to suffer for now until they find a real fix :lol: