View Full Version : WriteShields For iPAQ hx4700 Available

Ed Hansberry
10-11-2004, 10:00 PM
<a href="http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ws.asp">http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ws.asp</a><br /><br />Pocket PC Techs has made the best screen protector in the known universe available for the new iPAQ hx4700 series. Prices for the kit start at $26.99. Yeah, I know, that <i>sounds</i> like a lot, especially when you consider there are only two in the package, but let me assure you, you won't regret it! I purchased a pack of three for my iPAQ 2215 last June and here we are 15 months later and two of the WriteShields are still in the box. The original is still going strong!<br /><br />They recommend the WriteShield Cē for the 4700 as it produces no distortion on the high resolution screen. Before you check out, be sure to browse their site. They have a ton of things that make your Pocket PC experience more enjoyable. :D

MobileAGBell
10-11-2004, 10:53 PM
I received mine last Friday and I have to agree. These are simply the best screen protectors. And their customer service is very good. I'm now waiting (or at least hoping) for an announcement about a 4700 RAM upgrade from them.

CiscoKid
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Hmmm...I ordered the NuShield ones...anyone have any opinions on those?

jimski
10-12-2004, 06:01 AM
I order a couple Toshiba E800 WriteSHIELDS from Pocket PC Techs (2 Day Air) a few weeks back (actually 9/17 to be exact) in anticipation of my 4700's arrival (figured the screen was about the same size and this was better than nothing for starters). Got an order acknowledgement, but still no merchandise.

Finally ordered one E800 Screen Protector from Boxware (2 Day Air) when I got news that my 4700 had shipped and both showed up on the same day. As this was my first order, I am not saying that this is normal for Pocket PC Techs, but I am a bit disappointed.

lanwarrior
10-12-2004, 08:32 AM
I ordered mine last Thursday and received it today. But on the order it says "Toshiba E-800", even though I have selected hx4700.

It is the same size though, but when I applied it, I could never get the right side edge of the protector to fully attached tot he screen. There is a long line of "bubble" along that side.

bigray327
10-12-2004, 02:40 PM
I too ordered some E800 C2s in anticipation of receiving my hx4700. They're an awesome product with good service. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny. I put mine on minutes after opening the 4700 box, and now I don't even know it's there.

KH
10-12-2004, 04:16 PM
I have used Writeshields for several different IPAQ models. I've tried maybe 4 other brands over time but really don't bother anymore - in my opinion these are the best. I am hard on my screen protectors because I make extensive Calligrapher notes from meetings and conferences. These protectors are rugged, stay in place, can be easily removed and reused, and don't make me fear for the screen when I am removing them. I always liked the anti-glare models but have to admit the clear version is great for the 4705 screen.

BTW, I have never had a delay with the orders, and we have 4 PPC users at home so even though they last a long time I have made many orders over the years.

LWesson
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
I order a couple Toshiba E800 WriteSHIELDS from Pocket PC Techs (2 Day Air) a few weeks back (actually 9/17 to be exact) in anticipation of my 4700's arrival (figured the screen was about the same size and this was better than nothing for starters). Got an order acknowledgement, but still no merchandise.

Finally ordered one E800 Screen Protector from Boxware (2 Day Air) when I got news that my 4700 had shipped and both showed up on the same day. As this was my first order, I am not saying that this is normal for Pocket PC Techs, but I am a bit disappointed.

Sorry to hear about that Jim. What is your order #? I need to find out what happened to your order.