View Full Version : HX4700 file store issue Help!!!!!!!!!

DWUK
10-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi guys and gals,
I'm a long time user of Ipaq's in the UK (my HX4700 would be my 4th one!) - oh technology isn't it a wonderful thing!
Love the HX4700, screen etc........just one thing that has been bugging me.
I cannot seem to locate my file store - ANYWHERE! I have looked in the memory section where it should typically sit in the "storage card" drop down, only to be greeted by my SD card. :(

I do see the "file Store" in my devices, and even apparently drop stuff in there, but I have no idea what size is left. Besides which I read in the instructions (yup it was one of them - need to look in the instruction problems) that I can even allocate the memory - I would if I could find it!

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Or have I a duff HX4700?
Yes yes - I have performed several Hard resets and soft ones. So right now it looks from the surface that I have a top of the line Ipaq running with only 62.28mb of ram.

Any any any help would be appreciated.

jpf
10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
you should see it first in the list as iPaq File Store in Settings/Memory.
Below that I have SD Card.
This is really just confirming that you're looking in the right place. Though I wonder what you have in your drop down list?

Maybe download resco file explorer and see if you can format the file store?

ctiong
10-11-2004, 01:06 AM
iPaq Backup will backup to the external memory if it detects one. With both SD and CF memory in the hx4700, it will defect to SD first.

The only way I can get it to backup to the internal flash memory is eject both external SD and CF memory.

Jimmy C
10-11-2004, 02:30 AM
iPaq Backup will backup to the external memory if it detects one. With both SD and CF memory in the hx4700, it will defect to SD first.

The only way I can get it to backup to the internal flash memory is eject both external SD and CF memory.

You can set it to backup to anything you want. file store, SD, CF. You don't need to take anything out. I have my automatic backups saving to my CF and I have my manual ones going to my file store. You just have to go into advanced view for these options

jimski
10-11-2004, 05:34 AM
If you go to Start/Settings/Memory and tap the Storage Card tab, iPAQ File Store should be the first thing on the drop-down list (or the only thing if you don't have any cards loaded).

In File Explorer, if you tap My Device, iPAQ File Store should be the second to fourth entry down, depending on what you have loaded on your device.

My File Store is 85.06 MB.

DWUK
10-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for that!
No luck with my "awol" file store option, on a call now with HP and they're just as clueless.
Looks like I have a duff unit :(