View Full Version : Real close button and memory cleaner

Phlerb
10-10-2004, 01:36 AM
I have an iPaq h6315, which I really like, but it needs a bit of help.

I am looking for 2 small utilities to help manage this great ppc.

1.) A very small memory footprint program that changes the x button into a real close button, unlike the "hide" button it is now.

I tried out Wisbar Advance 1 and 2, but they both have a problem on my machine with pocket breeze. When I go back to the today screen from the inbox, the redraw of the pocketbreeze today module will sometimes freeze showing the inbox, neccesitating a soft restart. Pocket Plus also had problems on the h6315 for me.

2.) to help maximize the limited ram onboard I am looking for a program that will clean out caches and unused memory. Just like Omega's Battery Pack Pro, I just don't need a program that big.

Also looking for a good small launcher that works with phone editions. I am trying magic button tonight, but it supposedly has problems with phone editions.

Thanks for any info,

Phil

OSUKid7
10-10-2004, 03:30 AM
#1 selling on Handango: Spb Pocket Plus (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&javaDevice=BlackBerry%207780&jid=8DF1B558641BD371XC946CB26EFD3CF7?siteId=311&javaDevice=BlackBerry%207780&jid=8DF1B558641BD371XC946CB26EFD3CF7&productId=50351) :D

Darius Wey
10-10-2004, 07:46 AM
With #2, you can configure caches with a program called MemMaid and you can tweak the memory usage of the Pocket PC here too. There are also other options like cleaning out unwanted files and dead registry entries, and it also comes with other features such as notification queue manipulation, storage usage information, start up program information and running processes information.

Another thing, Tweaks2K2 .NET allows you to move shared DLL files to other places on your Pocket PC, potentially freeing up your memory.

DinarSoft
10-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I have an iPaq h6315, which I really like, but it needs a bit of help.

I am looking for 2 small utilities to help manage this great ppc.

1.) A very small memory footprint program that changes the x button into a real close button, unlike the "hide" button it is now.

There is our HandySwitcher
which is only ~80KB and works great on PPCPE

jeisner
10-10-2004, 01:38 PM
I use wisbar adv 2 now as it gives skins, task manager and battery in top bar all in one app.

Before wisbar 2 I used to use dinarsoft handyswitcher as pocket plus is buggy as hell on the xda2, anyway handyswitcher worked fine!

Jereboam
10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I second the recommendation for MemMaid. It's great.

And for a totally no frills, free switcher/close button use vBar (http://www.vieka.com/vbar.htm) which is also derived from the original Wisbar.

J'bm