View Full Version : IR Placement on e740/50/55

gregmills
10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
I've read a few posts/reviews where people have complained about the Toshiba PDAs having the IR port on the side of the device.

I was playing a game today and I realized that head to head in a landscape orientation the IR placement would be perfect. A game like Snails or Hexacto's Sports Addict series would be great.

I suppose file transfer by IR is the most common use and who really cares how you have to position the device to accomplish that.

I have an e750 and I can find no fault with it. Even the support has been good. It could have Bluetooth but I haven't needed it yet. And it could get a wm2003se update but it seems that landscape mode for most purposes is a little overrated anyway. Every time I see a processor or video performance test it still places near the top. I bought this 9 months ago and I think it's going to be good for at least another year. :)

Stephen Beesley
10-07-2004, 12:02 PM
I've read a few posts/reviews where people have complained about the Toshiba PDAs having the IR port on the side of the device.

I was playing a game today and I realized that head to head in a landscape orientation the IR placement would be perfect. A game like Snails or Hexacto's Sports Addict series would be great.

I suppose file transfer by IR is the most common use and who really cares how you have to position the device to accomplish that.

I have an e750 and I can find no fault with it. Even the support has been good. It could have Bluetooth but I haven't needed it yet. And it could get a wm2003se update but it seems that landscape mode for most purposes is a little overrated anyway. Every time I see a processor or video performance test it still places near the top. I bought this 9 months ago and I think it's going to be good for at least another year. :)

One problem that I have found with the IR port placement on my e755 is using it in conjunction with the Targus IR Keyboard. The adjustable sensor on the keyboard will not move far enough to allow it to "see" the Toshiba's IR port when in standard Portrait mode. the only way I can get it to work is by "jacking" the device up on an eraser so that the IR port is slightly higher, or by using DotPocket's landscape mode.

If only Toshiba would bring out a WM2003SE upgrade for the e75x series.... sigh...