View Full Version : wireless SD cards

rgribbons
10-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know of any goos sites in Europe I can order an SD wifi card? What are the current favourites and what memory capacities are now available as I would like a combination one. I have a 2215 and was considering a CF one but I have a large CF card I use for music and anyways I think an SD version will be more futureproof.

it seems that sandisk do a combination of 256mb and wifi in SD format.

Is this the only one available?

I remember there were a lot of problems with the quality of sandisk SD memory cards, does anyone know whether these have the same problem?

Kowalski
10-06-2004, 10:11 AM
I think an SD version will be more futureproof.
most of newer pda models have wi-fi, so this statement wont be 100% true

Zoot
10-07-2004, 02:42 PM
the problems I've seen with SDIO wifi cards compared to CF versions ...... partially I believe due to form factor ....... for instance, my wife uses one with her XDA2 and it's my belief that they should ship a finger with this card ;) My old iPAQ worked perfectly with a CF Linksys card....

I believe there's a different driver for [SD] versions without memory and with....also I believe that SD memory is annoyingly cheap now and you could go CF wifi and Gb SD too.....

Laura Rooke
10-08-2004, 03:23 PM
The Sandisk SD WiFi plus 256 MB os tsorage seems to be a good one to go for - try Amazon for purchase.