View Full Version : Does TextMaker Support Foreign Language Fonts (ex. MS Gothic)?

Sydney Bristow
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm trying the trial version, and so far it seems to work magnificantly...however, while Pocket Words can view Japanese font documents perfectly well with the MS Gothic font, TextMaker does not seem to be able to do so.

Is it because it's a trial version, is there something weird going on with my font, or is the feature just not available? Any helps would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

[edit]
It is installed in my Storage Card.
I am running it on English OS.
It also seems to have a problem with Bookdings font, which I don't care for much, but still, when I try to choose that font, the application crashes. :? Again, the very same font works fine with Pocket Word.

SoftMaker
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
TextMaker handles text in all major languages except for CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) and right-to-left writing systems (Arabic, Hebrew).

Full Unicode support will come in the release after TextMaker 2004 (which is nearing completion).

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Sydney Bristow
10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Ah, I see, thank you! I hope TextMaker2004 gets released soon. :D

ipaq_wannabe
10-23-2004, 09:37 PM
TextMaker handles text in all major languages except for CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) and right-to-left writing systems (Arabic, Hebrew).

Full Unicode support will come in the release after TextMaker 2004 (which is nearing completion).

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

yes... i really cant wait for IT!!!

bring it on! bring it on!