View Full Version : Is there a way to sync to two different PC's?

CiscoKid
10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi all, this may be a dumb question, but I use my home deskop as my main host for my hx4700 to sync to, but while I'm in the office, I would like to sync my email and appointments via the WiFi network in the building to my laptop...is this going to mess up my appointments by duplicating them, or no?

I've looked all around ActiveSync to see if there's anything to do to avoid duplicating, but I've found nothing.

Can I just go ahead and tell the PPC when syncing remotely (WiFi, etc) to look for my laptop computer name instead of my home PC?

yankeejeep
10-04-2004, 07:48 PM
You may end up with some duplicates on the first sync, but you should be able to minimize this by setting one end of the sync to be the default when there is a conflict.

Concerning email, you will only be able to sync with the computer that forms the primary partnership. Other items can sync with more than one partnership but ActiveSync limits email syncing to the primary partnership. You can set up other Inbox/Messaging accounts so that you can retrieve email when not connected to the primary partner. Since mail is left on the server, this will not limit your ability to retrieve it later with your desktop machine.

CiscoKid
10-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok thanks - the email's from an Exchange Server, so not sure if that will work.