View Full Version : Activesync not closing when it is finished syncing....

ToddJ
10-03-2004, 03:15 PM
My pocket pc would run out of memory after syncing, and I noticed that the program is still open after I sync it. how do I get it to close automatically after syncing? I thought I had everything set right, but I guess not.....

Sven Johannsen
10-03-2004, 06:13 PM
ActiveSync doesn't normally close after syncing, and there is no option to do that. You'll find if you look at the memory, with and without AS, it is only taking about 0.26M when running anyway. If that is causing you memory issues you have bigger concerns.

I expect there is something else involved here. After syncing, have you gone to running programs and closed just AS? Does that actually clear up the memory issue? If you are soft reseting, that closes AS, but everything else as well, and may be masking the real problem.

Do you have any oddball things syncing besides the normal stuff, like maybe Sync&Go or some weather update applications?

ToddJ
10-04-2004, 01:16 PM
are you sure it isn't supposed to close? I thought it used to on mine....the only oddball things I have syncing are Vindigo and Avantgo....when Activesync is still running, it does take a lot of memory up.....

Darius Wey
10-04-2004, 01:35 PM
are you sure it isn't supposed to close? I thought it used to on mine....the only oddball things I have syncing are Vindigo and Avantgo....when Activesync is still running, it does take a lot of memory up.....

Nope. If you browse to your memory manager, you will find that even after synchronising, ActiveSync is still open in the background. If worst comes to worst, just end the task once you have finished synchronising.