View Full Version : Problem changing skins on my new WMP 2003 SE version.

Greybard
10-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Hello all,

This has been driving nuts all day!

I am trying to change my WMP skin but all the skins I have downloaded are not recognized by WMP. If I hit the "skin chooser" it just flashes the colour wheel a few secs and no list comes up.

I've tried editing the registry and pointing directly to a skin file, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Darius Wey
10-02-2004, 10:21 AM
What skins are you trying to install?

The WMP skins must be Pocket PC compatible so normal PC WMP skins will not work.

Greybard
10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
What skins are you trying to install?

The WMP skins must be Pocket PC compatible so normal PC WMP skins will not work.

They say they are pocket media player skins:

Here are some I've tried:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/wmp.html

Will these work with the new 9.0.1 media player that comes with SE or has there been a change due to landscape mode that makes these unacceptable?

Darius Wey
10-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm not 100% sure but it should work in normal portrait mode, but if they are not optimised for landscape mode, then they will not work.

You will need landscape and portrait optimised skins to get the best of both worlds in the WM2003SE version of WMP.

Greybard
10-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure but it should work in normal portrait mode, but if they are not optimised for landscape mode, then they will not work.

You will need landscape and portrait optimised skins to get the best of both worlds in the WM2003SE version of WMP.

Well I can't even get these themes to work in portrait mode.

I tap "Skin Chooser" the colour wheel spins for 10secs and nothing happens.

I have the skins in /program files/windows media player (though I would really like to put them in File Store), but let's first get any skin to work then I will worry about customization.

WyattEarp
10-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Works fine on my h5555 (WMP 9.0). Try putting them in their own individual folders. Example: Program Files/Windows Media Player/controlpad. But they definitely won't work in landscape mode..

ctmagnus
10-06-2004, 02:38 AM
something that just occurred to me:

WMP skins are a bunch of .bmp files with a .skn file that says where all the bmps should go. If you're running at 480x640, the skins designed for 240x320 displays may have problems rendering properly due to the fact that bmp files don't stretch/skew well.

Don't Panic!
10-06-2004, 06:28 PM
juni's skins work fine on my AXIM X30 high with WM2003SE OS. Not in Ladscape mode though. What happens when I switch to landscape is that the default WMP skin opens.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Greybard
10-12-2004, 06:49 PM
juni's skins work fine on my AXIM X30 high with WM2003SE OS. Not in Ladscape mode though. What happens when I switch to landscape is that the default WMP skin opens.

Don't Panic!
Bobby
No matter the orientation or skin, it only defaults to the Windows Media Player 9 series skin. I don't get an option of anyother though when I click on skin chooser it does look like it's looking for something for a few secs.

What path are your guys skins in, maybe I screwed that up.

Steve

ctmagnus
10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Here's my skins setup:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/3482/PIScreenshot125333.gif

Each subfolder contains all the files needed for that skin.