View Full Version : h6315 GPRS Email Attachment Fix !!!!!!!!

mobilelawyer
10-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Download it from T-Mobile:

http://www.t-mobile.com/hpupdate/

Posts on Howard Forums verify that it does fix the GPRS/ Email attachment issue.

Good luck :D

Ultima
10-02-2004, 09:58 AM
The file included in this SoftPaq contains the improvements described above. This is an XIP (execute in place) ROM update. Once installed, the device will permanently store the changes in the flash ROM. The installation files will be deleted from RAM automatically during installation. This saves the device RAM for applications and program memory.

THAT IS SPIFFY! First ROM update I've done that I haven't had to reload all my programs, re-do all my settings, etc.

I only have one and a half gripes about the update. Firstly, the thing stalled after the update completed ("ROM Update has completed successfully, press OK to continue." *tap* *reboot then freeze*)

The other half gripe is the order of the messages during the ROM update. It goes like this:

"The ROM update is doing it's thing, please don't even think about touching your device until the today screen shows up, otherwise fire and brimstone will reign from the heavens down on your house."
"ROM Update has completed successfully, press OK to continue."

So....does the user tap OK and have fire and brimstone reigned down on them and all they hold dear (ok, so it's 5am my time, and I don't think I got the message verbatim) or does he/she wait until the today screen shows up? ...because the today screen won't show up until you press OK. Maybe I'm just nitpicky.

Oh, and I didn't test to see if I had the email/file sending problem yet, haven't had a need to do so, I just wanted to be running the latest ROM. MAYBE I'll test to see if a large file send works good tomomorrow....or later today, rather.

rob_sfo
10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
FYI, mine didn't freeze when I loaded it & tapped "ok"

I haven't yet tested attachments either, but everything else seems to be running fine.

I have to agree...KUDOS for no hard-reset-during-ROM-update!!!!

rickh925
10-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Well, I updated and still cannot send attachments through IMAP server over GPRS. Over WiFi, it works fine. Email with attachments send fine through Exchange Server via ActiveSync over both GPRS and WiFi.

sigh... :twisted: