View Full Version : E-125 software troubles

cmurphy65
10-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi, I was given a new (unused) E-125 by a friend who found it in the back of his closet and had never removed it from the box! :) It has the docking station, AC adaptor, Cassiopeia software applications disc, Outlook and Active sync 2000 discs, soft case, battery, etc.

I was pretty excited, but I'm new to pocket PCs, so I'm still learning about what these things can do.

Anyhow, the software bundled with the Casio is designed for Win 95, and both my home and work PCs are using Win 2k professional. The software will not load into the Win 2k operating system.

Are there any upgraded software bundles for the E-125 that will allow me to use it with my computers, or am I stuck using it as an address and appointment book with the software it came loaded with from the factory?

Since I know nothing about pocket PCs, are there any other features I can take advantage of without being able to utilize the bundled software package that came with the E-125? Is much software still available for these things? Even if I found additional software, like games, roadmap programs, etc could I load it on the Casio without the bundled software on my PC? As far as I can tell, the docking station is useless without the software.

Thanks,

Craig

smileyguy
10-02-2004, 04:06 AM
You can download the newest version of ActiveSync from Microsoft's website. This will allow you to connect the Casio to your desktop. Good luck finding software that will run on a MIPS processor with PPC2000

cmurphy65
10-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks Smiley, that's a start and will get me going. At least with that option I can back-up the data I put on the Casio.

I guess it's like finding a new/ old stock 486, running Windows 6.0. It seems like a find until you realize that no modern applications will work with it, and the world has passed it by.

I'll see if I like it and try to get a year or so out of it before looking to upgrade.

Craig