View Full Version : work flow program

badjohny
10-01-2004, 01:52 PM
I have had a pocket pc for since they first came out, and i usally used it for calandar and tasks. But now that i am at work, i was looking for a work flow type of program. I had one on my ux50 palm, and it was very good. what i am looking for would have the basic function of a task system, but it would alow me to add steps and progress notes in a tree based formate.

for example

task 1
day 1, fixed part x
day 2, fixed part y, 30% done
day 2 called about part Z
day 3 etc.

Does anyone know a good..and easy to use..program that has this functionality?

badjohny
10-01-2004, 01:55 PM
bah...it did not include my indents.

basically have the different days aligned, but have the ability to add sub notes under each day.

JTWise
10-01-2004, 03:50 PM
If I understand what you want to accomplish , one approach may be to set up your tasks and steps (subtasks) in Outlook, then use the hierarchical tasks feature in Pocket Informant to view them in a nested format. It is not the most elegant solution, but it is the best one I have found since Outlook does not natively support hierarchical tasks.

Only other option I can think of would be to use MS Project and something like PocketPlan on the PPC, but that might be overkill.

Jeff Rutledge
10-01-2004, 04:15 PM
PocketInformant and PocketPlan are both good suggestions. You may also want to try ListPro as it can do hierarchical lists and you can add checkboxes, etc.