View Full Version : WisBar Advance 2 Officially Released

Zidane
09-30-2004, 09:52 PM
It looks like WisBar Advance 2 has officially been released from Lakeridge Software. It's looking pretty good over there.

Check it out!
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com

Jacob
09-30-2004, 09:59 PM
What's new in 2.0??

In their "revision history" and what's new pages they mostly list standard features that are there in the free version that I have now.

I think I'll have to contact them to find out why I should buy it. :roll:

Good to see that they've put out an upgrade though.

Zidane
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Mostly what's different is that it's significantly faster, uses less memory and can skin more elements of the UI.

mrkablooey
09-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Sonsabitches.*

Guess it was bound to happen, now everyone go back and edit your posts that say "Just use Wisbar Advance... best of all, it's FREE!!!"

I don't blame them for charging, it's a lot of work for "nothing", so if it's really that useful to you for $10, go for it! (oh and don't forget your subscriber (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) discount :wink: ) It's a nice product. :)

Zidane
09-30-2004, 11:31 PM
They kept the 1.3.2.2 version free (which is what most of those posts were about, anyway). It looks like they're just charging for the new version.

mrkablooey
09-30-2004, 11:41 PM
They kept the 1.3.2.2 version free (which is what most of those posts were about, anyway). It looks like they're just charging for the new version.

that's cool, unfortunately the page says "This version of WisBar Advance is NOT compatible with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition devices."

for most of what a lot of people want the free version is probably fine. the paid version will still generate a lot of interest, I'm sure. :)

yanathin
10-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Hmm, did they fix the notification problem the older version had? I couldn't find that on the revision history, but it might just be automatically assumed that they fixed it...

Steven Cedrone
10-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Looks like the cascading menu is much better now!

Steve

Darius Wey
10-01-2004, 03:22 AM
for most of what a lot of people want the free version is probably fine. the paid version will still generate a lot of interest, I'm sure. :)

Well ultimately, the benefits that WBA offers are task management, skinning, cascading menus (for those that want it), and battery/memory meters. For those that need the basic features, the free version is fine, but for those that want that little bit extra, the paid version may be the way to go.

I'm interested to see how much the final 2.0 version has evolved since the beta days, so I'll be checking it out and starting to make new skins for it when I have time.

Stephen Beesley
10-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Sonsabitches.*

Guess it was bound to happen, now everyone go back and edit your posts that say "Just use Wisbar Advance... best of all, it's FREE!!!"

I don't blame them for charging, it's a lot of work for "nothing", so if it's really that useful to you for $10, go for it! (oh and don't forget your subscriber (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) discount :wink: ) It's a nice product. :)

i have been using Wisbar advance pretty much from the beginning and have been using the beta versions of WBA 2 for some time and it seems a very comprehensive product. I really cannot begrudge the developer $10.00 for it. Not only has a lot of work gone into it but he is always very helpful on the forums and responds to problems quickly.

Jacob
10-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I installed WA 2 and soon after had to hard reset due to active sync not picking up my device.

Not sure if it was a coincidence, but literally five minutes after I installed WA I couldn't get Activesync to recognize my device.

Looks like I won't be shelling out $10.

Darius Wey
10-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Hmmm, that is odd. What other software do you have installed? Something is most likely conflicting with ActiveSync and perhaps WA2.

I installed WA2 and had no problems synchronising.