View Full Version : Sandisk VS Dane-elec ?

denivan
09-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey all,

I'm in the need for a 1 Gb SD card and my local supplier is out of 1 Gb SD Dane-Elec cards for at least 2 weeks.
I've allways used Dane-elec CompactFlash and they never failed me.

I can order a Sandisk 1 GB SD card instead (they have those in stock), but for some reason I'm a bit weary of them.
I remember reading alot on the internet that people were having problems with their Sandisk SD cards and that support wasn't terrific. The other thing is that Dane-elec seems to give 10 years of warranty and Sandisk only gives 5 years, so what do you guys think ? Should I stay away from Sandisk or should I just order it ?

Kind regards,

Ivan

nepats
09-30-2004, 06:11 PM
I have yet to ever have a problem with SanDisk cards. I have used multiple CF and SD cards and none have ever failed on me. I also use a SanDisk CF 802.11b card with no glitches whatsoever. You will probably get different opinions from other people. The one thing that you have to remember is that no matter how many times you have good luck with a certain brand there is always that chance you will have one fail on you. I typically buy what is on sale at the time of need.