View Full Version : ipaq 3765 (compaq) screen problem

dnitz001
09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
I purchased an ipaq for my wife a few years ago and it sat unused for the first year. I decided to return to school and asked if I could use the ipaq. Now, that I've come to depend on my pocket pc, I'm more organized than ever. Yesterday, the screen started acting funny. The screen needs to be taped harder than usual and the alignment is off. I've tried aligning the screen, and when I'm on the alignment page, the screen tracks fine (or at least appears to). I can get by using the joypad, but entering new information is difficult. I know it's an older model, but it's perfect for my needs and I can't afford to upgrade (perhaps I could if college textbooks didn’t cost so much).
Any thoughts?

Stormswift
10-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Something similar happened to my 3635 after it landed on the table harder then it sholuld have (an accident). On another forum someone recommended taking IPAQ out of the expansion sleave and gently sqeezing the sides of the device, then re-alligning the screen as usual. It worked for me and the screen regained its sensitivity BUT they said it must be done very gently for obvious reasons. Brute force here can cause problems :-(. This is not the situation where more is better: you do not want to sqash up your IPAQ (the top and bottop plates of the device are plastic, not metal even though they look siverish). If you choose to try this BE CAREFULL!!!!! It worked on my 3635 but it does not mean it will work on other IPAQs or that it is safe to do. It is not an official 'fix" just someting that someone suggested on a forum

dnitz001
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
The screen on my ipaq seems to be working fine now. I can't figure out what happened.
Thanks