View Full Version : Voice Command

ddesilva
09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Is there any voice command software out there for dialing numbers that doesn't require pushing a button like the microsoft software...or can this be hacked out?

Thanks

Janak Parekh
10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Not that I know of -- an "always listening" solution would drastically slow down the Pocket PC and/or reduce battery life.

--janak

bob1919a
10-04-2004, 12:00 AM
And then your Pocket PC would listen to EVERYTHING you said. Hahahaha that would be very funny. Anyways, Pocket PCs would then become spy devices in that one could hack into a Pocket PC via Wifi, implant a trojan (in this case a voice recording one), and then send it back to the spy. :wink:

AMelis
10-04-2004, 01:30 AM
Can you imagine? Without a complex artificial intelligence logarythm you would have to watch what one says all the time....

"When you finish, honey, please turn off the lights"
"Larry, don't delete the files until I have a chance to read them!"
"Don't forget to call your mother later!"

There is a reason why there is a physical action preceeding the command.

Sven Johannsen
10-04-2004, 03:25 AM
Even full PC voice command systems often have a special key to activate listening. Alternatively, many have a defined 'listen word', usually a name such as "Computer", that will trigger listening for actionable commands. As was said, that concept could be implemented, but would be a tremendous hit on processor use, and battery life to have to analyze everything heard to see if someone said "Pocket PC", and start listening for a command.

techiesteve
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Ideal: press the button on my Jabra BT 250 (enhanced feature) to get phone's attention. Use Microsoft Voice Command to identify caller and phone type (mobile, home, etc).

Current: have to press a user assigned button on phone. If BT headset is active, I have to speak VERY DIRECTLY and CLEARLY to BT microphone for recognition. If headset not active, I have to speak into iPAQ mic, which affords better speech recognition.

Flaws: iPAQ doesn't support enhanced headset modes. I doubt even if it did, the pressing of the button will activate the voice command program. All this "almost" worked three phone generations ago on the SonyEricsson T610. 3 steps forward and at least 1 backwards.