View Full Version : Is anyone using MusicNow service

Jimmy Dodd
09-27-2004, 06:58 PM
I recently received a free MusicNow download via a CircuitCity promotion and downloaded the track with no problem.. I cannot, however, seem to get the track copied to my iPAQ 2215 - I get a licensing error. This despite the online help stating that it should work. :roll:

I haven't tried to contact MusicNow for help yet. I know you folks are usually much more knowledgeable than the actual service.

Anybody already dealt with this?

gregmills
09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
I have used iTunes and I have to burn the track to CD then rip the track from the CD back into an unprotected format.

That may or may not violate your usage terms with MusicNow. In fact, you may have a track which won't allow you to burn it to CD to begin with.

Jimmy Dodd
09-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I have used iTunes and I have to burn the track to CD then rip the track from the CD back into an unprotected format.

That may or may not violate your usage terms with MusicNow. In fact, you may have a track which won't allow you to burn it to CD to begin with.

Oddly enough the MusicNow directions tell you how to rip the tracks to CD, as well as how to copy them to a device. The problem is it simply doesn't work.

Jimmy Dodd
11-08-2004, 08:22 PM
OK - I now understand that this is the same problem so many folks have with trying to copy downloaded music to the SD Card of the Pocket PC. I didn't realize that would be any difference than copying it directly to the internal memory of the iPAQ. Supposedly WMP 10 corrects this.