View Full Version : HP iPAQ h2215 and Bluetooth Dial-up problem

NecroscopeV
09-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Hey all, hope you guys can help me, I really don't want to return the iPAQ, and i aplogize if this question has been answered before, i didn't see an answer anywhere.....Anyway onto the problem: I cannot hold a connection when i try to use my Sony Ericsson T616 (which has bluetooth) as a wireless modem.

here are some of the issues:

1. There is no problem finding my phone on bluetooth. I can sync, I can use the PPC to dial out phone calls, and download pictures from the phone.

2. My phone is area code 715, the internet modem number i am calling is 218. Now when I go to the Connectivity and begin the dialing process it does the following:
a. Connects with my phone and begins dialing the number
b. Says Connecting, and IMMEDIATLY drops the connection and then tries a couple more times with the same results.

3. Here is the weird thing, if i change the number to a 715 number (not a modem number since i don't have a 715 account) it will dial, connect, and hold the connection! I am SOOOO confused!

I have played with Dialing rules, I have played with any and all options i could think of. I tried on my friends phone which is a 218 area code and the same thing happened. My phone does NOT have GRPS or WAP support, it has the ability but my area doesn't support it, but when i called HP they said the phone does not need that in order to link them up.

please help!!

Thanks,

NecroscopeV

Don Tolson
10-01-2004, 12:19 AM
This sounds similar to my situation when I hadn't ordered 'data services' from my cell phone provider.