View Full Version : Microsoft Money 2005 for Pocket PC - Available Soon

Darius Wey
09-25-2004, 06:00 PM
With Microsoft Money 2005 now available for PC, the Microsoft Money 2005 port for Pocket PC is due to be released soon.

It's not much of an informative webpage, but this is the best link I could lay my hands on:

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/money/addons.mspx

In fact, it doesn't say much. It's more of a one-liner. :roll:

Zack Mahdavi
09-25-2004, 09:22 PM
I recently upgraded to MS Money 2005. I think the interface is much better than Money 2004. It's more intuitive and pleasing to the eye. I'd highly recommend this for anyone using Money.

Too bad I can't sync with my Pocket PC at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon.

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Too bad I can't sync with my Pocket PC at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon.

You'd think that in times like these when PC and Pocket PC integration is favoured, that Microsoft would release both the PC and Pocket PC versions at the same time.

Obviously not. :wink:

PPCRules
09-28-2004, 10:15 PM
I think the PocketPC version is no big deal to Microsoft, and being on the store shelves with Money 2005 next to Quicken 2005 is a big deal.

Darren Behan
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Do you mean to say that Money 2005 will not synchronize with the currently available version of PocketMoney? If so, Microsoft will be waiting for my Money until they release the new version.

db

Zack Mahdavi
09-29-2004, 01:36 AM
Do you mean to say that Money 2005 will not synchronize with the currently available version of PocketMoney?

No, it will not sync with the current version. We have to wait for the new version.. :)

Darren Behan
09-29-2004, 04:32 AM
Wow, that's messed up; every version of Money I ever bought came with a compatible PPC version right on the CD. I have to agree with PPCRules in terms of Microsoft's apparent priorities on this. I hope this was just a case of poorly coordinated timing between Microsoft units and not anything more dire for PPC's.

I also have to add that if the new version is not a meaningful upgrade over the current version, I'll be sorely disappointed. As far as I could tell, the 04 vs 03 version wasn't that big a deal. Granted, the former seemed more stable but it was still fundamentally the same application. If we have to wait for it, the least they can do is make it worth it :wink:

db

Zack Mahdavi
09-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Wow, that's messed up; every version of Money I ever bought came with a compatible PPC version right on the CD. I have to agree with PPCRules in terms of Microsoft's apparent priorities on this. I hope this was just a case of poorly coordinated timing between Microsoft units and not anything more dire for PPC's.

I'd like to hope that the new Money for the PPC has been completely redesigned... Money for the Pocket PC needs to have more customization and view layouts. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see a big upgrade.

Darius Wey
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
I'd like to hope that the new Money for the PPC has been completely redesigned... Money for the Pocket PC needs to have more customization and view layouts. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see a big upgrade.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Money 2004 for Pocket PC failed to deliver the features of other competing products. Hopefully, with the interface and feature improvements that Money 2005 provides, the Pocket PC port will follow too, but time will tell. :)

ChristopherTD
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
I will be watching out for this as well.

I have used Quicken for years and years but the latest version keeps deactivating itself because I do dangerous and unlawful things like plug in a Wireless PC-Card to my laptop.

Aha! says Quicken, you have changed your machine. You are a criminal. You can no longer access your data.

But what is this? It is just an innocent mistake. No problem. Just call us during 9-5 on Monday to Friday and we will issue you a new key.

But it is Saturday. Oh, what bad luck you have the audacity to attempt to manage your personal finances outside of business hours.

I cannot recall ever being so enraged at software stupidity.

So I am switching at my earliest convenience...