View Full Version : MoneySync 1.2 new release

kidziti
09-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Can't figure this one out - I have the latest version of Cash Organizer on my IPAQ 4150, with MS Money 2005 on the PC. Installed MoneySync 1.2(compatible with 2005) and seemed to install with no errors - but I don't see any options in ActiveSync that allow me to synch Cash Organizer accounts (which is what MoneySync is all about - right?). Active Sync Tools -> Options doesn't even show it is available to add. Am I doing something wrong? I redid all my software installs after a hard reset - just to be sure - but no joy.

Thanks for any ideas!

Lee

Darius Wey
09-25-2004, 05:50 PM
What version of Cash Organizer are you running?

I believe that for complete integration to occur, you need MS Money 2003, 2004, or 2005; Cash Organizer 2004 Deluxe, and ActiveSync (preferably the latest version - 3.7.1). If you are using an older version of Cash Organizer, you require an older version of MoneySync.

kidziti
09-25-2004, 07:11 PM
I am using the latest version of 2004 Deluxe CO (2004.08.13). Since I'm using Money 2005 on my desktop, I had to wait for the most recent version of MoneySync (1.2, released a couple of days ago). I'm also using ActiveSync 3.7.1. Everything is the latest and the greatest, so that's not the issue.

I'm just curious if others have noticed this problem...

Lee

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 10:43 AM
You said you re-installed your applications after a hard reset on your Pocket PC. Did you also uninstall and install the software that runs on the PC or did you just do a straight upgrade?

I'm not very FOR direct upgrades, but rather, I prefer to uninstall the old version and install the new version, as sometimes, retaining those old settings can really make a muck of things.

kidziti
09-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Firstly, yes, I did uninstall completely all the involved software on both ppc and pc before hard-reset and reinstall. But there was no "upgrade" per se - all software that was installed initially was the latest version.

This is what I see with MoneySync 1.2 - it installs with no apparent errors, but does not offer synchronization capability at all through ActiveSync (ver 3.7.1). What it does do is disable the registration information in Cash Organizer :? . I notice that although the splash screen in Cash Organizer says registered, it also says in capital letters that there are "only 25 days left!". When I try to reregister, it tells me my registration key is invalid, and the only way I have been able to re-register it is to reinstall it after a hard reset. I suspect that MoneySync 1.2 is causing this, since it seems to occur after installing 1.2 - but I am not certain about this yet.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend 1.2 yet - which is unfortunate for us Money 2005 owners (1.1 only recognizes up to Money 2004). I have left some messages for Maxim at Inesoft about this and hope to hear from him soon. I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly MoneySync 1.2 came out following Money 2005 - hopefully, he'll be able to fix this one quickly!

Lee

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm sure their support staff will come up with a solution. Funny that it doesn't work though, although it sounds like a bug in the new version of MoneySync. Be sure to keep us posted with updates.

kidziti
09-26-2004, 06:29 PM
I will keep y'all updated - but I have a request that anyone who has had experience with MoneySync 1.2 please post your impressions here. This is a new release of otherwise proven software, and one person's experience does not make much of a consensus - nor much of a case to take to Inesoft. If more users report similar (or different or no) problems, I can present the thread to Maxim and it might speed things along.

Thanks,

Lee

kidziti
09-29-2004, 03:21 AM
Update - as promised:

Maxim at Inesoft has been very helpful. He helped me open my eyes a little more and take a closer look at the splash screen - the part that says "registered" referred to Cash Organizer, and the part that said "25 days left" referred to MoneySync!. The splash screen flashed by too fast for me to see that.

I reinstalled the software with administrative priviledges (before it was as a "power user") and - viola! - it worked!

So far it's a great piece of software - I DO recommend it. I can add things to the check register on my PPC and download data from my bank into my Money accounts on the desktop, and synching makes sure that both programs get it right. In fact, the engineering amazes me, and the attention to detail is great.

So be sure to install with full administrative priviledges, and don't worry about the splash screen!

Lee

lmtuxinc
09-30-2004, 01:03 AM
have you tried moneysync 1.21 to see if the problems are fixed?

kidziti
09-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up! For the record, Maxim says you can install 1.21 over 1.2 - no need to uninstall/reinstall.

This version actually pops up a warning that tells me I need to have administrative priviledges to install (I browse/surf as a limited-rights user and only run my admin rights profile when I need to). The version also corrects the "$" sign in front of US currency, which was displaying as "ò".

Maxim at Inesoft is terrific. His support is great and he really keeps up with any problems that may arise. I was the one that mentioned the currency symbol issue and the fact that my only successful install was with admin rights - that was all but two days ago and the software is fixed already! :D

Lee