View Full Version : Quick review for the sake of spreading the word

cxc4u
09-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Item: PPCTechs Lil' Sync Pro sync/charge cable
Model: HP 4150

I figured that I'd put up this review for Leonard since he requested this of me as a customer. I had already tried to use a product from a competing manufacturer of sync/charge retractable cables (they STILL advertise on their website that their cables work properly on the HP 4150) which failed the "as-advertised" test. After a few e-mails confirming that this feature was in fact a dud, I looked around a little more to find an appropriate solution. I happened to find that PPCTechs had multiple versions of a retractable cable (the smaller with no guaranteed charge capability and the larger one with the charge capability), and after a brief exchange w/ Leonard from PPCTechs, I decided to take the plunge. I was actually quite surprised that the shipping rate was a bit steep, but I really wanted a fair and working solution to sync/charge my 4150 with my work laptop as well as my home laptop. When I recieved the package, the retractable cable was in a nice zip bag with instructions for usage. Of course, being the ever-vigilant consumer I read through the instructions quite thoroughly... :wink: The size was the most surprising aspect of the product, but I figured, if it works, it works. And work it did! I sync-ed and charged as predicted through the laptop's USB port and also worked with my USB AC Adapter for non-computer charging. Overall, I'd rate this product a 4.5 out of 5 for:
Good sync/charge capacity (speed-wise)
Compatibility with the AC Adapter
but
Slightly larger-than-expected size

I hope this helps you guys and gals in the community to make a wise purchasing decision. PPCTechs was prompt, professional, and recommended as a seller of accesories.