View Full Version : Wifi with 6315, Wireless Sync and Internet access problem

tewmgd
09-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi,

My problem : I can't browse in Internet and sync with my laptop when I'm connected to my WiFi access point with my 6315.

There's some clues :

- When I choose for the wifi AP that it connects to "Internet" I can browse web sites but not sync to my laptop

- When I choose "Connects to Work" I can sync with my laptop but I can't access Internet

I checked the netbios is actived in the wifi connection on my laptop and try to add its ip in WINS on the pda.

Matthieu

Jorgen
09-25-2004, 06:10 AM
connects to "Internet" I can browse web sites but not sync to my laptop

When I choose "Connects to Work" I can sync with my laptop but I can't access Internet

Good, then everything is as it should be!

"Internet" is of course the Internet.
"Work" is used to connect to a local network where it should find the computer you sync with.

Jorgen

tewmgd
09-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your answer but with my 4150 I could browse and sync. When you use a local network, you can also access to internet trough it.

I installed vxutil and a ping command to my computer with its name is correctly resolved.

tewmgd
09-25-2004, 02:02 PM
So I've succeed to browse in Internet and

I choose "connects to Work" in the WIFI AP settings and the "This networks connects to Internet" unchecked in the "My Work Network" in Connection settings.

After I try to browse in Internet and succeed it and so the sync. I juts add a GPRS connection in Work connection settings and now I can use WiFi without change AP settings to sync !

Matthieu

Jorgen
09-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Well done! I seem to remember that either my hp-568 at one time could do the same but that that it later lost the ability and I could never get it to work again. I just tried: no luck! :( lack of luck as I am g-o-o-d at this (I thought)].

Jorgen