View Full Version : Thinking of buying a home in upstate New York.

JackTheTripper
09-24-2004, 06:19 PM
But I don't think I can afford it. :(

NY's Adirondack State Park - During the late 1950's and early 1960's when the Cold War was escalating, the U.S. government built hundreds of Atlas-F missile silos (each for 18 million in 1961, with the rising cost of construction today one could barely fund the excavation.) to prepare the country for an attack that never came. Today, most of these silos lie abandoned and filled with water, monuments to a bygone era of American historyand left to waste. But now, thanks to two entrepreneurial cousins, Bruce Francisco and Gregory Gibbons, one of these silos located in beautiful Adirondack State Park near Lake Placid is finding new life as a luxury home safe haven getaway complex assessable by plane or car. The real estate includes 20 acres of land with approximately 78 acres available as 10 approved building lots. The home is conveniently located to Montreal, Lake Placid and Plattsburgh and boast such outstanding year round activities as golfing, hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and world class skiing.

http://www.silohome.com/1e3db3b0.gif

http://www.silohome.com/index.htm

Wiggster
09-24-2004, 06:29 PM
I was giggling at the use of the topic:

"Thinking of buying a home in upstate New York." :rotfl:

ADBrown
09-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Isn't that Dick Cheney's vacation home?

Couldn't resist...

dean_shan
09-24-2004, 10:19 PM
That's so cool. I've always wondered what happended to all those bunkers.

bjornkeizers
09-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Sure is. I once saw a show on Discovery about strange houses (was a few years ago) A couple bought this silo and turned it into a house under ground. Looked just like your average upscale home, except for the lack of windows and the three feet thick doors...

I'd love to have a home like that. But my country doesn't have silos, and I don't have millions to spend :lol: Oh well.

jbachandouris
09-28-2004, 01:37 PM
:D I live in upstate NY already. Hmmmm...maybe a place to consider!