View Full Version : Please help me NOT to switch to the Treo 650

Birdman
09-23-2004, 11:27 PM
o.k., I am long time PPC user who has been using an XDAI for almost 2 years. (I had an original ipaq before.) My XDA is starting to act a little "tired" and full but I don't think I can move back to a non-converged device.
I have been looking at the new HP6315, but the lack of a built in keyboard is a real problem for me. I know it ships with the clip on, but that is an akward solution.
I use my XDA for phone, email, MP3, full blown organizer, reader, etc.
I have now been reading about the new Treo 650 which, except for the fact that it runs on the Palm OS, looks exactly like what I need. Small size, integrated light up keyboard, etc. (Of course, I would have to get an unlocked version to use it here in Canada on Rogers where they still advertise the 600 as "new").
I hear lots about the possible MPX and even the XDAIII (which may do the trick but is bigger than the Treo and likely considerably more expensive).
Bottom line, can people please try and convince me not to switch to the Treo?

Kowalski
09-24-2004, 08:47 AM
I use my XDA for phone, email, MP3, full blown organizer, reader, etc.
you skipped the most important part with etc.
if etc nearly means "thats all" then any brand and any OS will be just fine but if etc means includes gaming and divx, than i suggest you to wait for xda III

Dolphin
09-24-2004, 12:36 PM
I hear lots about the possible MPX and even the XDAIII (which may do the trick but is bigger than the Treo and likely considerably more expensive).
Bottom line, can people please try and convince me not to switch to the Treo?

I'm not so sure that the MPX is bigger and it has a better camera! But... I could be wrong.

I had a 6315 and took it back... lousy camera, a little to big, and to may soft resets. I think the XDAIII even weighs more than the 6315 but maybe the form factor is a little better. I will have to see when I actually hold one... if it ever comes to the USA that is.

For now I'm holding out for the second (or third?) edition of the MPX.