View Full Version : Live Baseball Feeds -- Pocket PC Format

joew
09-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know if there is a website that will enable you to get real-time updates for Major League Baseball games? mlb.com offers the service for a traditional PC, but they don't appear to offer the same thing formatted for the Pocket PC screen. I'm talking about the simple screen graphic with balls, strikes and outs, who's up at bat, who's on base, etc., not a video feed.

I've done a lot of searches and have come up empty so far. This seems like it would be popular for all the baseball enthusiasts around the world. I'd love to just have my iPAQ sitting on a table next to me with the latest score, who's on base, the pitch count, etc.

Any advice/insight would be helpful. Heck, I'd even consider paying a subscription fee for this. I'm already a subscriber to mlb.tv and I think this type of feed would be more valuable.

Thanks.

nepats
09-23-2004, 06:23 PM
I use espn.com. When you go to espn.com from on the PPC it automatically goes to their mobile version. You can then click on MLB and then scores. From there it will show you a little diamond with who's on base, balls, strikes, outs, etc. The only thing that you need to do is refresh the page manually - it doesn't have an automatic refresh. I haven't compared it with the gamecast on mlb.com so I don't know how far behind the live feed they are.

ironguy
09-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I was at the SF Giants game last night. As many parks do, they have free wireless throughout the park. Next year, they're going to offer instant replays and video from other games via the wireless connection. Pretty cool if they can pull it off.