View Full Version : Cant delet programs?

j95pgt
09-23-2004, 08:01 AM
I have about three programs which I can not delet no matter how much I sync and remove program. First I synced my ppc to my computer and clicked remove program. IT went through the whole delete program fine but the program still shows up on my ppc. I then went through my computer and then into mobile device but the files are no where to be found. It is almost like ghost files. They arent causing any problems but just cluttering up my windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen Beesley
09-23-2004, 01:36 PM
I have about three programs which I can not delet no matter how much I sync and remove program. First I synced my ppc to my computer and clicked remove program. IT went through the whole delete program fine but the program still shows up on my ppc. I then went through my computer and then into mobile device but the files are no where to be found. It is almost like ghost files. They arent causing any problems but just cluttering up my windows. Any help would be appreciated.

What programs are you having problems with? Do these programs show up in the remove programs applet on the Pocket Pc itself?

j95pgt
09-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I have ebook reader, a dictionary, and conduits pocket player. The pocket player is the only one that shows up in ActiveSync. None of them will show up under Mydocuments/mobile device directory. But they all show up on the pocket pc. When I try to delete the pocket player I do get a message on my pocket pc that says to delete windows/pptoday.dll but that file doesnt exist. When I try to delete something I make sure all programs have stoped.

humayunl
09-24-2004, 11:26 AM
I also had the same problem with Pocket Player. No matter what I did, it wouldnt go away. It would show up in the remove programs list but even after removing it, it would remain there.

But then I sold my PPC to someone and got a new one.. .thats one way to get rid of the issue :)

j95pgt
09-24-2004, 08:35 PM
thanks for the help :roll: