View Full Version : PIX Messaging

Imageman
09-23-2004, 04:11 AM
Can someone explain to me what PIX messaging is?

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 10:15 PM
You mean, with Verizon (looking at your previous post)? It's MMS. You can use it to send pictures to other Verizon picture-enabled phones, or you can use Verizon's MMS-to-email gateway to send it to anyone with an email address.

But you can't send pics with your V710 directly to your Pocket PC over BT. :|

--janak

Imageman
09-26-2004, 10:26 AM
yea, that is what I was wondering.

can you send pics to non-verizon customers phones?

Janak Parekh
09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't think so (yet). The carriers are working on intercarrier MMS, but universal intercarrier MMS is some time off.

--janak

Imageman
09-27-2004, 02:12 AM
So if I want to send a picture to someone with a different carrier- will it work if I attach it to a regular message?

Thanks dude!

Janak Parekh
09-27-2004, 02:23 AM
So if I want to send a picture to someone with a different carrier- will it work if I attach it to a regular message?
Regular message?

You can either use intercarrier SMS, which only supports up to 160 characters of text and no pictures; or email, and it's up to the recipient's phone whether it can handle the receipt of email (most can't, out of the box).

--janak

Stephen Beesley
09-28-2004, 02:07 PM

Thanks dude!

Not sure how it works in the US, but in some countries if you send a picture messge to somebody on a different network (or in a different country) they get an SMS message to tell them that it can be viewed at a particular web address.

Janak Parekh
09-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Not sure how it works in the US, but in some countries if you send a picture messge to somebody on a different network (or in a different country) they get an SMS message to tell them that it can be viewed at a particular web address.
Ah, good point! I think Verizon will do this also if I remember correctly.

--janak

Maren
10-01-2004, 07:49 PM
www.pixtopix Lets you send pictures to cell phones with different carrier than yours. Both parties need to sign up. Works great! Free!